Shemirat Haguf: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #14
May 13, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Shemirat Haguf (taking care of your body)
And you shall watch yourselves very well, for you did not see any image on the day that the Lord spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire (Deuteronomy 4:15).
- Set aside a minimum of 10 minutes a day to exercise.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- be sure to get enough sleep.
- Set aside “me time” to tend to your mental health as well.
- Participate in online exercise classes.
Into the future:
- Arrange a lecture series at your school or synagogue about health and well being.
- Sign up for a gym membership.
- Get into a good sleep schedule.
- Purchase equipment to exercise at home.
- Register for a 5K or more ambitious run.
- Exercise with friends.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to email@example.com.