Tikkun Olam: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #1
April 26, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Tikkun Olam
For so said the Lord, the Creator of heaven, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, He established it; He did not create it for a waste, He formed it to be inhabited, “I am the Lord and there is no other (Isaiah 45:18).
- Make recycling bins out of leftover boxes and decorate them. Educate your household on the importance of recycling.
- Grow your own vegetable garden.
- Donate blood at a local blood bank.
- Offer to pick up items for friends and family.
- Instead of driving you can walk, ride your bike or take the bus.
Into the future:
- Volunteer to plant trees with a local organization.
- Organize an event in your local community to clean up the parks and beaches.
- Volunteer to clean up a local cemetery.
- Offer to give someone a lift who does not have a car.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.