Respect Your Parents: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #3
April 28, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
website builder Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Respect Your Parents
Honor your father and your mother, in order that your days be lengthened on the land that the Lord, your God, is giving you (Shemot 20:12).
- Organize a Zoom group chat with your parents and/or grandparents and siblings to bring the family together.
- Create a family WhatsApp group for the family to stay in touch.
- Offer to babysit your younger siblings.
- Be sure to spend quality and quantity time with your parents.
- Set the table, take out the garbage, fold the laundry or clean up your room without being asked.
Into the future:
- Offer to run an errand for your parents.
- Express your gratitude by writing a letter to thank your parents and if that isn’t feasible call them and be specific with examples of your gratitude.
- Volunteer to do house chores.
- Visit them with your family.
- Plan to celebrate holidays and special occasions together.
- Make the effort to make birthdays, Mother’s and Father’s Day and anniversaries extra special.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.