Providing Clothes: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #10
May 7, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Providing Clothes
And they sewed fig leaves and made themselves girdles (Genesis 3:7)
- Go through your wardrobe and donate old clothes to families in need.
- Knit a scarf or sweater to donate to a clothing drive.
- Donate warm coats to a homeless shelter.
- Spread the word about the needs of agencies in your community that provide clothing for those in need.
Into the future:
- Volunteer at a thrift shop.
- Run an annual clothing drive at your local synagogue to collect old clothes to donate.
- At the end of each season, go through your wardrobe to donate clothes you no longer wear.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to email@example.com.