Posted on November 20, 2009
Preparing for your Bar/Bat Mitzvah gives you the perfect opportunity to reflect on the positive impact you have had on others and how best to continue on this path. By participating in a Bar/Bat Mitzvah Project, you are given the chance to select a cause that is important to you. You can give back to your community or the world at large in any number of ways including volunteering, centerpieces, doing a service project at your party, fundraising, giveaways, raising awareness about a cause or agency and philanthropic funds……the list is endless. Here are some tips on how to help you select a project to add to your celebration:
• Consider what becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah means to you.
• Think about challenges in the world that you would like your Bnai Mitzvah project to address.
• Think about Mitzvah Projects your friends and relatives have done. What did you like about them?
• Contact organizations with whom you can partner for your project.
• Learn more about the problem you are addressing.
• Include information about your project and the agency you are working with in your invitation, at the service or party.
At Areyvut we work with celebrants and families to develop personalized projects to add to their celebrations. We have a variety of programs and resources and would be more than happy to help with your project. Please just send us an e-mail so that we can start to help you with your project.